This post is a companion piece to a post I have published on my other blog, Leaping Life, participating in the Six Degrees of Separation book-link meme.
In that post, I used sound tracks as prompts for a couple of book choices and thought it would be fun to add musical links here. One thing has led to another, as can happen in life. When I read through my book choices, several accompanying tracks immediately came to mind. So here we have a playlist to accompany the whole set of book links – enjoy! 🙂
- Malcolm Gladwell reminds me of Malcolm Maclaren and the fabulous track Double Dutch – how I would love to have a go at that skipping!
2. Big Magic reminded me of Take That’s Could It Be Magic. How young they all look!
3. The Magic Faraway Tree made me think of Lullaby of the Leaves, performed here by the Benny Goodman Sextet. I was introduced to this track by Mr Tracks when we first met so it has very fond memories for me:
4. Moon Tiger makes me think of Tiger by ABBA. I’m so pleased to be able to sneak in a track from one of my guilty pleasure groups!
5. Next, we have Lady in Gold. I could easily have picked Lady in Red here, but prefer to go with Spandau Ballet’s Gold:
6. Now we arrive at our sounds tracks. First, The Third Man – utterly brilliant in its jolly-yet-menacing quality:
7. And last, but by no means least, here is the sumptuous opening title music from Doctor Zhivago. It never fails to give me spine-tingles: