Two stunning tracks today from a singer with a stunning voice – Christina Aguilera.
These are the only two songs I have of hers; perhaps I should get more after Project LT?
But for now, I present:
- Hurt from the album Back to Basics (2006) – ‘I’ve hurt myself by hurting you’
- Beautiful from the album Stripped (2002) – ‘I am beautiful, no matter what they say – words can’t bring me down’
Both songs have a number of things in common:
- they are ballads
- they are poignant, with thoughtful messages about life
- they are beautifully sung by CA
- they are wonderfully orchestrated
- they are fabulous anthems – great for a belting singsong (if, as in my case, you find yourself on your own)
Another couple of cracking top rated tracks. And that’s official.